The big news for the last week has been the Google PageRank updates which I mentioned in my last post. The topic still has some hype but fortunately it’s starting to die – I personally like what Lyndoman from CornwallSEO.com had to say on the issue – My Opinion on the Google Page Rank Massacre
If you want to read what everyone else had to say, here’s a list of blog posts I managed to find on the topic (sorry if I missed some – there were a lot):
- 2nd Google PageRank in October 2007
- Google’s PageRank Update Goes After Paid Links?
- Google Drops PageRank For Many Sites : Paid Links or New Algorithm?
- Google Scares The Search Crowd
- Digital Point Members put on Suicide Watch
- PageRank Isn’t The Question; Page Rank Is.
- Google PageRank Doesn’t Matter. Can We Stop Talking about it Now?
- Aesthetic Google PageRank Update in Google Toolbars Worldwide!!!
- Google Toolbar PageRank Losses For Hundreds of Websites
- Toolbar Hysteria – It Isn’t Really a Penalty
- 8 Things We Learned About Google PageRank
- What Does This Google PageRank Message Mean?
- The Day PageRank Died
- Search Engine Guide Publisher Responds to PageRank Drop
- Many SEOs Still Don’t Get PageRank
- PageRank broken – is it time to introduce BrinRank?
- The Google Page Rank Pendulum Swings…. Again
- Updating Google PageRank in Ratified Australia
- Competition Winner for PageRank Slam competition
- PageRank: Caught in the paid-link crossfire
- Matt Cutts Confirms Paid Links & Google PageRank Update
Now, onto other news…
Some good SE Roundtable articles from the last 7 days:
- Are Link Exchanges All Manipulative of Search Algorithms?
- Are Search Engine Optimization Professionals Better Searchers?
- Amanda Camp of Google on Helping Webmasters with Webmaster Tools
Jennifer Laycock explains why Viral Marketing is NOT the Same as Word of Mouth
Search Engine Journal gives us:
Graywolf asks us – Do You Want Your Ancillary Pages in Googles Index
From Marketing Pilgrim:
CapeCodSEO.com gives some good tips in Link Building 101: What Should Be Evaluated With Each Link Opportunity
Jill Whalen asks Social Media Marketing: The New SEO?
Bill from SEO By The Sea discusses How Google May Blend Information From Feeds and Extracted Data For Search Results
And last, but not least – Yahoo’s Australia Arm Undergoes Shakeup
That’s about all the linklove I can give for a week – if you think I missed something important, let me know and I’ll add it to the list.